1. Eligibility. The Warrior Mom Competition (the “Contest”) is open to all legal United States residents 18 years of age and older. Employees of JJ Virgin & Associates, Inc. (“JJVA”) and any of its affiliated companies or agents and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. JJVA is not responsible for transmission failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winners must be in compliance with all contest rules. Void where prohibited by law.
2. The Competition. In connection with JJ Virgin’s forthcoming book, “Warrior Mom: 7 Secrets to Bold, Brave Resilience,” JJVA invites you to nominate the Warrior Mom in your life for our grand prize, or one of seven additional prize packages. To enter, post your story, picture, or video about the Warrior Mom in your life on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Written submissions should contain 250 words or less, and videos must be less than 60 seconds in length. The entry must include:
- The hashtag #warriormom
- Tag JJ Virgin #jjvirgin
- Tag the Warrior Mom that you are nominating
It is important to remember that the Warrior Mom you nominate could win the prize. You, as the nominator are not entered to win the prize, and you cannot nominate yourself.
3. Method of Entry. The Contest begins at 12:01am EST on April 1, 2018, and all entries must be received via online entry at 11:59 pm EST on May 11, 2018. People who sign up will receive an email welcoming them to Warrior Mom Competition. There will be a link to a sign up page and an entry packet PDF including an Overview of Warrior Mom, The Contest Rules, A Questionnaire, Affidavit and Release Form, and Terms & Conditions. Each entry must be complete and prepared in accordance with the contest rules. The purpose of the Contest is to reward the best entries that answer the question: What makes the person you are nominating a Warrior Mom?
No entries will be accepted by regular US mail. All submissions and entries must be truthful, original, unpublished works composed by the entrant(s.) By submitting entries containing photographs, entrant(s) confirm that they have obtained all necessary releases for any identifiable individuals depicted in the photographs and that entrant(s) own all copyrights to any photographs provided. Entrant(s) hereby grants JJVA and its affiliates a perpetual and unrestricted license to use, in whole or in part, any materials, writings, recipes, photographs for whatever purposes JJVA or its affiliates choose.
4. Selection of winners. JJVA will review each submitted Entry for compliance with the Contest Rules and reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate. On or before May 13, 2018, JJVA will select the grand prize and seven additional winning entries determined in its sole discretion. The decision of JJVA in all matters related to the selection of the winners and all matters relating to this contest are final. The winners will be selected and announced by JJVA at the conclusion of the contest. Odds of winning depend upon the number and quality of eligible entries received by JJVA.
One grand prize winner will receive:
- A 2-day spa vacation that includes $500 toward airfare; 2 nights at the Rancho Valencia Spa; spa treatments
- A prize package of all JJ’s favorite products including a Nutribullet, shakes, bars, and supplements
- Dinner with JJ Virgin (subject to scheduling availability)
The top seven (7) additional winners will receive:
- A prize package of pampering gifts from our store and our affiliate partners (skincare, food, supplements, fitness items).
All valid entries will receive a complimentary copy of Warrior Mom when published.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified via email on or about April 18-May 13, 2018. Winners will be contacted for their mailing information. If no response is received by JJVA after two attempts, a new winner may be chosen. Prizes will be shipped to the winners, and JJVA reserves the right to substitute any portion of a prize package. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, and all prizes are non-transferable. As a condition of acceptance, the grand prize winner agrees to provide video testimonial and post on social media at least four times during the spa vacation. The Contest winners will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes, if applicable, as well as all other costs associated with claiming the prize.
In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of JJVA which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, JJVA reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, JJVA reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received prior to the termination date. All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be at the sole discretion of JJVA. JJVA is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, incomplete, or misdirected entries. JJVA shall also not be liable for email or transactions that are lost or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with sender or with JJVA.
8. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrants hereby agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action. Any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and associated with entering the Contest, if any. Entrant hereby specifically waives the right to claim that any attorney’s fees be awarded and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any and all punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any kind and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Entrant hereby waives any statutory, common law or other legal rights to make any claims for any amounts outside of actual out-of-pocket costs in entering this Contest and Entrant agrees to limit its out-of-pocket costs in entering this Contest to fifty dollars (US $50.00).
9. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and their affiliated organization and JJVA, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of laws rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. In the event that any provision herein is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein and the provisions deemed unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction shall be blue penciled as narrowly as possible in order to make the provisions valid and enforceable.
10. General Release. By entering this Contest, all participants and/or entrants agree to release JJVA, and its affiliated companies, officers, directors, agents, servants and/or employees from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) and/or his/her/their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Contest including any injury or harm resulting from the use of the prize or any activity related thereto.
11. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by JJ Virgin & Associates, Inc. whose decisions regarding the selection of the winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. JJVA will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.